Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Riley is 2 months old

I took Riley to work yesterday to show her off. She was a big hit! But we were there for a couple of hours and stopped by my mom's work too, so she was overstimulated and overtired and screamed the whole way home. I pulled over and calmed her down, but she started screaming as soon as I got going again. I couldn't keep stopping because I had to get back to pick Aidan up from school. I was near tears myself because I refuse to ever let my baby "cry it out". Once we got to our destination, I jumped out of the car and pulled her out of her carseat in record speed and didn't ever want to put her down again. I think we were both traumatized.

She was fussy most of the evening, but I finally got her to sleep at 10:30 and she slept for 6 glorious hours! That was a first! The most she's ever slept at night is 3.5. I'm hoping this is the beginning of her sleeping through the night and praying it wasn't a fluke.

Of course she's been sleeping all day today. She's woken up about every 3 hours only long enough to drink a bottle. She even slept in the car to go pick up Aidan today.

I was able to keep her awake just long enough to take her 2 month picture. I can't believe how fast it's gone by!

No comments: