Saturday, September 27, 2008

Week 6-8

September 8, 2007 was doubly special for two of my friends. Our posse drove down to William & Mary to celebrate the wedding of our dear friend Jen. Jen and Albert are such a perfect match. Their love is truly inspiring. Happy Anniversary Jen and Albert!!!

While we were all celebrating Jen and Albert's wedding, our dear friends Becca and Michael were having their own special moment - the birth of their daughter Mia. I can't believe it's already been a year. Happy birthday sweet baby Mia!!!

Week 6 was pretty eventful for Riley. She had her hip ultrasound on 9/11/08 (due to her breech birth). Riley was very cooperative and happily laid on the table cooing and babbling up a storm. Apparently she had a lot to say. The radiologist said she looked good, but we will have a follow up ultrasound when she is 3 months.

Riley began to have a daily fussy period from 5pm-7pm during weeks 6-8. She was completely inconsolable and I was at my wit's end. We ended up switching Riley's formula yet again. The expensive hypoallergenic formula didn't seem to be helping her and it was super expensive, so we took a chance and switched her. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence, but her fussiness decreased.

As far as milestones, Riley started giving us real smiles, not just gassy smiles. And she even giggled (the best sound in the world!) She also found her hands and started sucking on them occasionally. We added "bobblehead" to the list of nicknames because her head would bob around as she tried to hold it up more.

I was confronted with the reality that my baby girl is growing fast when I noticed that she was beginning to outgrow her newborn size clothing and she officially outgrew newborn size diapers. I cannot believe how quickly time is going by. I try to soak up every moment with her because I know I'll never get it back.

Week 8 was marked by one very important event: my friend Erin gave birth to her son. Welcome baby Holden!!! Erin works with Pete and was 6 weeks behind me throughout our pregnancies. Pete introduced us via email and we bonded immediately. Pete likes to call my circle of friends the YaYa's and when he first met Erin he knew she was YaYa material. He was right. Pregnancy is such a crazy thing and it was so wonderful to go through it with someone. Riley and I are so excited that Holden is finally here. We can't wait to meet him. Erin and I are already plotting Riley and Holden's wedding.

No comments: