So we survived our first week. One of us way better than the other.
Riley slept incredibly well on Monday night. I'm sure a result of not napping all day. On Tuesday, she slept the whole car ride to Great Grandma's and was still asleep when we got there, so I left her in her car seat. A big part of me was sad that I didn't get to give her a goodbye hug and kiss. But I knew taking her out would be selfish, so I let her sleep. Surprisingly, I did not cry when I left, but I did spend the whole morning counting the minutes until I could go see her at lunch time. The good news is that she napped most of Tuesday morning. When I picked her up Tuesday evening, my grandma reported that Riley took one short afternoon nap and spent the rest of the day playing quietly. Hooray for less crying!
By Wednesday lunch time, Riley and Great Grandma were old friends. Riley was sitting contentedly in her bouncy chair sucking on her hands when I got there. Her big eyes lit up when she saw me, but she was still perfectly happy to be where she was. This was a huge relief to me as I was worried that she was missing being held all day by me. (I admit I held her a lot more for my benefit than hers).
By Thursday lunch time, Riley couldn't care less that I was there. It makes me happy that she's enjoying her time with Great Gran. Bonnie also dropped by a few days this week and Riley just LOVES her!
Pete stayed home from work on Friday, so I left Riley with him. I think Great Grandma was a little disappointed when I called to let her know Riley wouldn't be coming over. I think Riley missed her too because she gave Pete a bit of a hard time all day. I was in severe Riley withdrawal, so I left work early.
I am beyond exhausted from the week. It makes a huge difference not to be able to take daytime naps with her. Pete helped out with some nighttime feedings, but I still woke up every time and feel totally drained.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment