Thursday, October 16, 2008

Busy Day

Yesterday Riley and I went to Great Grandma's house for the second time this week. Great Gran is going to care for Riley when I go back to work, so she wanted Riley to feel comfortable in her home. We'll be visiting a few more times before I go back to work so that they can get to know each other better.

Here is a picture of my grandma with Riley. It was such a precious moment. I'm sure they are going to hit it off.



I'm sure my mom is looking forward to this new phase because she works a few blocks away from my grandma's house and will be able to stop by and see Riley every day if she wants.



I'm also fortunate that I work about 10 minutes away and can swing by during lunch as well. That's about as much as I can think about returning to work for now. I start crying every time I think about it. I'm sure it's not healthy that I've only been away from Riley 3 times for less than an hour at a time thus far, but I'm not exactly at my most rational right now.


Later, we went to Riley's first track meet. My cousin Imani ran the second leg of the 800m relay.



After such a busy day, Riley was exhausted and needed a full day to recover.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Riley is so adorable! Don't think about work and enjoy every minute with her. Babies grow up way too fast!