Riley was really cranky and fussy during week 4. She tensed her whole body and cried and screamed during her feedings which led us to believe she had acid reflux. I wasn't sure because she wasn't spitting up at all, but then I read about silent reflux. It was such torture to feed her because she was obviously in pain. I tried to wait until her 1 month appointment, but finally broke down and took her to the pediatrician on Saturday 8/30. She was prescribed Pepcid for the reflux.
Riley had never tolerated sleeping flat on her back. Pete propped her bassinet up so she could sleep on an incline and that seemed to help a little. I began laying her on her tummy for naps during the day. (Gasp!) Of course the big thing right now is to lay babies on their backs to sleep in order to reduce the risk of SIDS. But it was the only way she was content and I watched her vigilantly while she napped. I wasn't brave enough yet to try it at night.
Riley and I ventured out on our own during week 4. We made a few trips to Target and Babies 'R Us and she was a perfect angel.
Also this week was Pete's birthday. We took Riley out to a restaurant for the first time. It probably would've gone better if she hadn't been suffering from the reflux, but we ended up having to take turns holding her while the other one ate. Riley was not happy sitting in her carseat.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment