Doesn't this picture just say it all? It's getting harder and harder to get Riley to sit still. Not that she can crawl yet, but she is very squirmy and curious. The only time she is remotely still is when she's "reading" a book. This is one of her favorite activities.
Another favorite is to rip pages out of magazines. We get such a kick out of the determined look she gets on her face.
She also likes to pull toys out one by one. Not to play, just to throw them across the room. If only I could teach her how to put them away too.
Riley has her 2 middle bottom teeth and they are just the cutest little things. She is eating more solids and is no longer a vegetarian. She had chicken and ham on Easter. She loves mashed potatoes. Goldfish crackers have joined cheerios as a favorite snack.
Riley said her first word and I'm happy to say it was "Mama". I know she doesn't know it means me yet, but I still can't help but be tickled pink about it. Hello, I did push her out butt first after all!
Riley still absolutely loves Aidan and I've never seen her smile so big than when he plays with her.
We've noticed that Riley has suddenly become shy. She is still comfortable in loud settings, but she seems to be starting develop some stranger and separation anxiety. I kind of relish how she holds on to me for dear life, but not when I'm trying to get things done but she won't let me put her down. And that brings me to the tantrums she's beginning to throw. She makes it very clear when she's unhappy about somethings. This mostly happens when we have 5 million things to do and need both hands, so we put her down and the howling begins. I've mastered the art of using one hand for just about everything. I'm pretty sure all moms can do this. But don't get me wrong, Riley is still mostly happy and smiley and easy to please.
No comments:
Post a Comment