Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wedding Belle

This weekend was Kathy's wedding. Kathy is my oldest friend. We've been best buds since the second grade. So, the whole family was invited, including my mom. Of course, my mom refuses to pose for pictures, so I won't post any of her. (Boo!)







Riley was happy that she got another chance to wear her pretty fancy dress. I was a little worried about how she would do all day, but I needn't have worried because Rye was the little social butterfly/perfect angel baby that she tends to be when surrounded by lots of people.

Taking a little break


We were also thrilled to get to spend time with Sarah, Emily, and Rachel who traveled from NY, CA and London respectively to attend.


On Sunday, we were invited to an authentic Chinese banquet. We had a little conversation with Aidan on the way there that went a little something like this...

"We are going to a restaurant where there will be a lot of food that you've probably never seen or tasted before. You should at least try everything because some things that might look really strange to you, might actually taste really good. You don't have to eat anything you don't like, but you are not allowed to say "Eww" or "Gross" or make any faces."

And much to our surprise and delight, Aidan was awesome! He was much more adventurous than the rest of us at the table. He was on his best behavior...polite and sociable. We wondered who this angel child was. I give a lot of credit to Emily and Dave who are so great with kids and kept him entertained. I can't wait to meet their daughter Talya who is incubating as we speak.

So after two full days, we came home and Riley crashed at 4pm. It was awesome.

No comments: