Riley has been tugging at her ears for a few weeks, but she hasn't had any other symptoms, so I didn't worry about it too much. She slept so horribly the last couple of nights that I decided to take her to the doctor last Friday to rule out an ear infection. I felt like that mom who takes her kid to the doctor for every little thing, especially after they told me her ears looked fine.
Yesterday was Riley's 6 month check up. She woke up and was acting a bit sluggish and felt warm to the touch. Sure enough, when we got to the doctor's office, her temp was 101.5. So no shots for Riley. We weren't sure where the fever came from because while at the doctor's, she was acting like her normal happy self. Since she was acting perky, we agreed not to do any invasive tests and just keep a close eye on her. I tried to manage the fever with Tylenol, but it just kept escalating all day. I started to worry because Riley slept most of the day and the Tylenol didn't seem to be helping. I tried cool washcloths and gave her a bath, but by 9pm her fever was 104. I called the doctor on call and he told me to give her some Motrin and bring her in the next morning.
So this morning Riley and I went back to the doctor where she had a fever of 102.5. They drew some blood and checked her urine and gave her a flu test. Sure enough, she tested positive for the flu. We were sent home with instructions to manage her fever and monitor her fluids. She has slept all day and looks so pathetic. My poor little tyke.
We will have to reschedule Riley's 6 month shots, but they did do the physical so I can post her stats:
Riley's 6 month stats:
Weight: 14lb 6oz (20%-ile)
Height: 27" (90%-ile)
Head Circumference: 43.5cm (79%-ile)
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment