Friday, November 14, 2008

Goodbye friend

Since birth, Riley has only taken to one pacifier - the Soothie that she was given in the hospital. It's a funny looking thing - bright blue/green and it covers up pretty much her whole face. We have tried a variety of pacifiers in the last 15 weeks. I even bought her some pink Soothies only to discover after I brought them home that they were labeled 3 month+ as opposed to the newborn green Soothie. She would not tolerate any pacifier but her beloved Soothie. You guys know where I'm going with this, don't you?

Sadly, Riley's Soothie met an untimely end on Wednesday. Our dog Molly got a hold of it and chewed it up. I was SO devastated on Riley's behalf. I actually went out just before 10pm to buy her a replacement Soothie, this time the newborn one. And as expected, she totally knows the difference. She is slowly starting to take the impostor Soothie, but she is definitely not happy about it.


No comments: